'That word can be very extreme, but I guess I am a modern-day feminist': Beyonce questions her role as a woman in British Vogue

By EMILY SHERIDAN

What it means to be a woman: Beyonce opens up on her views on feminism as she poses in a Chanel jumper for the new issue of British Vogue

She's released a string of female empowering anthems over the years both as a solo artist and with her group, Destiny's Child.
However, when it comes to being labelled a feminist, Beyonce admits she isn't so sure if the term applies to her.
Posing for the new May issue of British Vogue, the 31-year-old discusses how she feels about feminism and her role as a wife and mother.

The full interview with Beyonce is in the May issue of British Vogue, on sale Monday 8th April

When asked if she considers herself a feminist, she replied: 'That word can be very extreme...
'But I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I’m just a woman and I love being a woman.'
While Beyonce has achieved so many things many women haven't, she acknowledges the world still has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to equality.
She explained: 'I do believe in equality and that we have a way to go and it's something that's pushed aside and something that we have been conditioned to accept.

source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment